The success of individual claims is directly related to and dependent upon the unique facts and circumstances of each specific case. The results identified below are examples of results achieved in individual cases by the attorneys that practice with our law firm:
Miscellaneous Tort Claims, including:
- Multimillion-dollar verdict for actual and punitive damages against insurance agent who had used his position of trust and confidence to defraud individual policyholder;
- Major negligence recovery for employee who sustained spinal cord injury (SCI) in highway work zone accident with large truck/tractor-trailer;
- Major recovery for surviving family of motorist killed by drunk driver in head-on collision; and
- Major recovery for motorist who sustained broken wrist in motorcycle/auto collision.
Million Dollar Recoveries and/or Jury Verdicts against Health Care Professionals including:
- Gribble v. Memphis Cancer Center ($2,500,000 jury verdict for wrongful death of housewife in Blytheville, Arkansas, where defendant negligently failed to irradiate a post-lumpectomy patient);
- Bradford v. LeBonheur Hospital ($1,000,000 jury verdict in Memphis, Tennessee, for the wrongful death of a 3 year old child, where a hospital’s emergency department failed to diagnose/treat patient’s infectious disease).
- Brain damage and wrongful death from failing to relieve excessive intra- cranial pressure following brain surgery;
- Wrongful death for failing to diagnose/treat cervical cancer in timely manner;
- Brain damage from anesthesiologist’s premature extubation of patient;
- Wrongful death for failing to diagnose/treat skin cancer in a timely manner;
- Brain damage from failing to treat post-operative bleeding in timely manner; and
- Major recovery for surviving family of grandmother whose medical condition was not properly diagnosed and treated by hospital emergency room personnel resulting in her death.
Worker’s Compensation Claims:
- Major workers’ compensation recovery for employee who sustained spinal cord injury (SCI) in highway work zone accident with large truck/tractor-trailer;
- Major recovery, including back pay and lifetime disability benefits, together with late payment penalties for escort driver injured in accident with large truck/tractor trailer; and
- Major recovery, including back pay, future pay and lifetime medical expenses, for undocumented worker severely injured in job-related forklift accident.
Construction Defect Claims:
- Major recoveries for homeowners and homeowners’ associations against contractors arising from construction defects